英语自学网 发表于 2017-10-30 22:04:59

餐厅情景对话:商务宴会中的英文点菜方式

未来某天假如你将参加一场商务宴会,点餐会是一个非常重要的表现自己素质和英文水平的机会。今天,小编就给大家整理了一些商务宴会相关的超实用英语口语示例,一起来看看吧!
       
        1
        陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作,他跟美国同事Amy一起喝下午茶。
        (Office ambience)
        A:Chen Hao, you've been attending a lot of business dinners lately. Didn't your team go out again last night with the clients?
        C:没错。我老板Mr. Brown决定请客人到附近刚开张的那家法国餐馆去吃饭。
        A:How did it go?
        C:饭菜的味道确实不错,但是有个客人很失态。
        A:What do you mean?
        C:首先,她点的菜都是菜单上价钱最贵的。
        A:What did the others do?
        C:其他人点的都是中等价位的,我也一样。
        A:This client sounds as if she could use some business etiquette training. Unless Mr. Brown suggested that you all order certain pricey dishes, she should have chosen something moderately priced。
        C:我觉得也是。除非主人坚持,否则客人应该点一些普通的菜才对。
        A:It's rude to take advantage of your host like that. This client is not very savvy about business dining。
        C: Savvy是什么意思啊?
        A:Savvy means having knowledge and experience。
        C:这个客户确实不懂礼貌,而且还不只这些呢!
        A:Let's head back to the office now. You can tell me on the way。
       
        2
        陈豪和Amy两人一起往回走。
        A:So there is more to this story?
        C:那个客人不仅点的都是最贵的,而且一道菜都不拉。
        A:Like what?
        C:从汤开始,然后是头台、沙拉,主菜,最后还有特制的甜点,一样不少。
        A:What did everyone else do?
        C:Mr. Brown虽然吃得很少,但也只好跟着她一道菜一道菜地点。
        A:He was doing the correct thing as host by ordering the same as the client。
        C:作为主人,一定要这么做吗?
        A:When someone orders appetizers or other dishes in addition to the entrée, it is polite for others to order the same courses。
        C:那又是为什么呢?
        A:That keeps the pace of the dinner even and avoids the awkwardness of one person eating a course by herself。
        C:如果没有别人点汤的话,那个客户自己吃的时候一定会觉得很尴尬。
        A:At an informal dinner, some people have soup while others may select a different appetizer to have at the same time. Everyone should have an equal number of courses。
        C:那作为请客的主人,在饭桌上能做些什么呢?
        A:Simple. The host can say, "Why don't we all have an appetizer?" Or he could ask, "Would anyone like something to start with?"
        C:这样一来,你就能知道自己是不是唯一想点头台的人了。
        A:Right. If no one else has a starter course, then you don't either。
        C:你真应该给昨天那个客人好好上一课。
       
        怎么样,看完了这篇文章,大家是不是对商务宴会点餐相关的交际内容有了更多的积累了呢?喜欢就赶快收藏起来吧~
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 餐厅情景对话:商务宴会中的英文点菜方式