英语自学网 发表于 2016-8-5 23:02:41

吸血鬼日记S03E01笔记:以为乡下人会更容易相信别人


       

1、I thought you country folk were supposed to be more trusting.我还以为你们乡下人会更容易信任别人。
        country/farming folk住在乡下的人;在乡下工作的人
        e.g: simple country folk 普通村民
       

2、Just shopping for the party you're trying to bail out on.为你的生日派对购物呢,你别想溜。
        bail out逃离;避开;离开
        e.g: They bailed out after the dancing party. 舞会后他们离开了。
       

3、Another dead end you mean?你是说,又要白跑一趟?
        dead end死胡同;僵局;无任何进展
        e.g: The negotiations have reached a dead end. 谈判陷入了僵局。
       

4、My dad's side of the family is like wet paint that never dries.我爸这边的事儿可多了,没完没了的。
        like wet paint that never dries连续不断的;没完没了的
        e.g: There are so much work like wet paint that never dries. 这么多工作没完没了。
       

5、Something's up with your mother.你妈肯定有什么事。
        something is up with somebody某人不对劲;有问题
        e.g: Is something up with Julie? She looks really miserable. 朱莉怎么了?看着愁眉苦脸的。
       

6、Now your type are very hard to come by.现在可很难遇见你这种人。
        come by something获得,得到(很稀有或难得到的东西)
        e.g: How did you come by these pictures? 你是怎么得到这些画的?
       

7、I don't know why you just don't come clean and tell her where we are.我不明白你为什么不说实话,告诉她我们在哪儿。
        come clean彻底交待;坦白承认;告知真相
        e.g: The government should come clean about its plans. 政府应该坦白告诉大家计划。
       

8、You know I just need to chill out.你知道的,我只是需要冷静一下。
        chill out冷静
        e.g: I spent the afternoon chilling out.一个下午我都在冷静。
       

9、This room's off limits.这房间不能进。
        off limits禁止入内;禁区
        e.g: Footpaths are, of course, off limits to bikers.人行道是自行车和摩托车的禁区。
       

10、You put on a good show Stefan.演得不错,斯特凡。
        put up a good/poor show表演的好/不好
        e.g: Our team put up a pretty good show, but we lost in the end.我们队表演的非常好,但是最后还是输了。
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 吸血鬼日记S03E01笔记:以为乡下人会更容易相信别人