名师公开课回顾讲义:你比自己想象的要强大
【O+口语】口语练习之:你比自己想象的要强大
时间: 1月18日(星期五) 16:00 - 17:00
主讲老师: Briana
公开课地点:O+口语活动室
杏子老师的自我介绍: Briana,昵称杏子。一直热爱英文,功底扎实,发音地道,表达流利。对各类经典电影、美剧以及原版书籍都如数家珍的杏子有着多元化的教学风格,擅长在轻松愉悦的氛围中提高学生的英语口语能力。杏子老师坚信,浓厚的兴趣、正确的方法加上踏实的练习,你一定能说一口地道的口语! 点击关注杏子老师的沪江部落>>>
听老师念:http://d3.s.hjfile.cn/2013/201301_3/964dae5b-0de6-44a0-b824-5b3b79d36806.mp3
讲义内容:
What is Strength?
Strength is not always about pure physical strength. Rather, it is about willpower. Discipline. Drive. It is about the capacity to get things done.
力量并不仅仅指你的肌肉力量,它更多的指的是意志力、训练、动力。是一种能够做好事情的能力。
Some people are intellectually strong, but they get very little done in their jobs. And others who find work extremely challenging, but are able to move mountains by their sheer drive and hard work.
我知道有一些人虽然很聪明,但是他们在工作中能够做好的事情却很少。而另外一些人虽然知道工作很具有挑战性,但他们仍能通过强大的动力和艰苦的工作来移动大山。
Because they possess inner strength.
因为他们具有强大的内心力量。
Why are some people able to do more? What gives them added drive? What gives them extra strength?
为什么有些人就能做到更多?他们的动力是哪里来的呢?是谁给予他们多余的力量?
Probably, they have simply given themselves permission to do more.
或许,仅仅是他们自己给自己力量来做到更多。
What are the excuses that prevent yourself to unleash your potential?
Most people impose their own limits. They limit their output based on self-framed constraints of their capabilities and strengths. Sometimes these boundaries are based on past experiences. Sometimes they are based on perceived capacities. Sometimes these limits are based on nothing.
很多人都是自己强加给自己的局限性。他们有时候根据能力和力量自我设定了他们的局限,有时候根据过去的经历设定一些边界,还有的根据想象中的能力设定,还有些则毫无任何根据就限定了自己的力量。
I can’t do that. (Why?)
我做不到。(为什么呢?)
That is too much for me. (How do you know?)
对我来说太难了。(你怎么知道太难?)
I can’t put in that much effort. (What would happen if you did?)
我做不到那么努力。(如果你做了会怎么样?)
I am not smart enough to solve that. (Can you be sure if you haven’t tried?)
我不够聪明,解决不了这件事。(你不尝试怎么能如此确定?)
How do we break through these limits? How do we get stronger?
The answer is : push your boundaries.
Pushing it is what it takes to increase your limits. In the gym, bodybuilders discovered this long ago. But, the same principle is true when it comes to inner strength. Discipline and drive.
给自己施加压力就能提高你的极限。在体育馆,健身者很早之前就体会到了这一点。所以,同样的原则运用到内心力量方面也是正确的,训练自己,给自己一些动力。
But make sure your goals are slightly beyond what you think can be achieved.
要确定一个能稍微超过力所能及的目标。
You Are Stronger Than You Think
Most people underestimate their strength.
很多人低估了自己的能力。
As you go through your day, challenge your capacity. Test your limits.
当你过每一天的时候,都要挑战一下你的能力,测试下自己的极限。
Push yourself, to find your true boundaries and define your strength.
给自己施加点压力,找到你真正的极限,然后定义你的能力。
When you discover how much you’ve really got, you may surprise even yourself.
当你发现你真正能获取的,你会发现自己都感到不
"You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
— Christopher Robin, Poohs Grand Adventure《小熊维尼寻找罗宾》
"So when people are cruel to you, you take all of your fears and your doubts and you put them in here, in this box. And you lock it. And you'll find that you're stronger than you think you are".
— Lionel Luthor, Smallville 《超人前传》
The only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself.
— Franklin D. Roosevelt
希望大家都能发现并展示出自己最大的潜力~
相关课程推荐:
O+10天全外教中级口语【2月训练营】
O+入门口语【剑桥国际英语1级VIP 春季班】
O+中级口语【剑桥国际英语5级VIP 春季班】
O+中级口语【剑桥国际英语3级VIP 春季班】
想提前一周知道最精彩的公开课安排吗?那就来订阅沪江CCTalk电子报吧!电子报的订阅入口>>
沪江网校还为大家提供了其他的活动,欢迎大家预约:最新活动预约
页:
[1]