英语自学网 发表于 2016-7-31 14:12:57

囧研究:33岁后人不再自私?

It’s no longer ‘me, me ,me’: selfish outlook vanished when we turn 33当我们33岁的时候,自私自我就销声匿迹了,不再是只有“我,我,还是我”了
        When you're fed up with self-obsessed twenty-somethings, try to remember that they'll be 33 one day. For that's the age when they lose the 'all about me' attitude, research suggests.当你对那些自我着迷,二十几岁的年轻人感到厌烦时,要知道有一天他们也会变成33岁的。研究表明:33岁就是他们失去“全自我”态度的时候。
        By then, youthful selfishness subsides and people begin to consider others' feelings more often, researchers say.研究者还说,到那时候,年轻时候的自我中心观念减弱,他们开始经常顾虑别人的感受。
        When we reach 33, we are also more likely to make an effort with parents and grandparents and take a positive attitude towards ending feuds with family or friends.我们在33岁的时侯,更有可能为改善与父母还有祖父母之间的关系做出努力,采取积极的措施,结束和父母或者朋友之间的不和,争执。
        The older we get, the more selfless we are in almost all areas of life—with the exception of volunteering in the community, the report suggests.研究表明,随着年龄的增大,几乎在生活中的各个领域,我们会越来越无私,当然在社区做志愿者服务的人除外(他们一直都无私)。
        Most people agree that having children is the turning point in changing our attitudes towards other people. This is when we apparently find ourselves worrying more about others and doing things for them, such as checking how they are getting home, offering to help with childcare and doing airport runs.很多人都认为有了小孩是我们改变对待他人方式的一个转折点。这也是我们能很明显就能够察觉到自己更加的关心别人,帮助别人的时候,比如关心他们如何回家,帮忙照顾他人的孩子,接送机等。
        And we are more likely to keep an eye out for neighbours, as well as give up seats to elderly people on public transport. We will probably also be more involved in the community and willing to donate money to good causes.同时,我们更有可能照顾到邻里了,如在公交站为老人们让座。我们更有可能更加深入社区活动,愿意做好事,捐赠。
        Those under 33 are most likely to admit to being very selfish – with 40 per cent saying that they put themselves first in all circumstances. However, 40 per cent of this age group regularly volunteer for charity or their community – higher than any other age group.33岁以下的人多一半都会承认他们非常自私—40%的人说,在任何环境他们都会把自己放到第一位。然而,这个岁数以下的40%的人经常为慈善组织或他们的社区做志愿服务,这个比例比其他的年龄群都要高。
        The age at which we are most selfish is our teenage years, researchers found – with people saying that just growing up made them more likely to consider others.研究者发现:我们最自私的年纪是青少年时期,人们都说是成长让他们更多的考虑到了别人。
        Others cite meeting their partner or buying a house as the point at which they started being more compassionate and putting others first.其他人认为,当一个人想到满足配偶的需求或者买一套房子的时候,就是他们开始更富同情心,首先考虑别人的时候。
        Researchers at Make-A-Wish Foundation UK, a charity which grants wishes to youngsters fighting a life-threatening illness, came to their conclusion after studying the attitudes of 2,000 adults aged from 20 to 60. Spokesman Emma Cronin said: 'It's never too early to put other people before yourself.'英国愿望成真基金会的研究者在对2000名20岁到60岁之间的成年人做的调查之后,得出了他们的结论。英国愿望成真基金会是一个资助年轻人战胜致命的病魔的一个慈善机构。该基金会发言人克罗宁女士表示:“在自己需求之前,优先考虑别人的需求越早越好。”
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 囧研究:33岁后人不再自私?