英语自学网 发表于 2016-7-29 08:32:18

2015年12月英语六级听力暑期练习4

2015年6月的英语四六级考试已经告一段落,听力部分一直以来都是同学们考试时的难点,也是吐槽最多的部分。2015年12月份的四六级考试还离我们比较远,但是千里之行始于足下,没有积累很难有提升,想要早点为下半年的四六级考试做准备就来四六级考试网练习一下英语六级听力题吧。

听力音频点击下载.mp3

听力材料:
  MOGADISHU— Despite improving security in the last few years, Somalia remains one of the most dangerous countries to be a journalist — even more so for someone who cannot see. Journalist Abdifatah Hassan Kalgacal has been reporting from the Somali capital for the last decade, despite being blind.
  The visually impaired reporter has defied the odds in a country ranked among the deadliest for journalists. He works at one of Mogadishu's leading radio stations.
  His friends and colleagues call him Kalgacal.
  “I had an eye illness at a very young age. But I couldn’t get proper medical treatment due to the situation in Somalia. After the civil war started, I lost all hope of ever seeing again and had no medical support,” he said.
  Despite the massive challenges, Kalgacal persevered and now works at Goobjoog Radio Station as its senior reporter covering the Somali parliament.
  He also has a weekly program for disabled people called State of the Disabled. The live call-in show is popular, focusing on empowering the disabled by educating them on their basic rights.
  “I hope to use my position in the media to be a voice of the people and improve the humanitarian situation,” he said.
  And he said he hopes his message will resonate beyond Somalia’s borders.
  Speaking two years ago at a Technology, Entertainment and Design event — a global non-profit group to promote cultural understanding — Kalgacal described his journey from being born to a poor family in southern Somalia to becoming a husband, a father and journalist despite his visual impairment.
  He said many people advised him against pursuing such a dangerous career. He said it was his childhood dream, though, and being sightless doesn’t make him any more — or any less — vulnerable than other journalists.
  The key to overcoming his challenges, he said, is a belief in himself, the support of his friends and family — and bosses willing to employ him for his skills and overlook his disability.
重点词汇:
  1.empower vt. 授权,允许;使能够
  I empower my agent to make the deal for me.
  我授权我的代理人处理此项交易。
  2.persevere vi. 坚持;不屈不挠;固执己见(在辩论中)
  If you persevere with the work, you'll succeed in the end.
  你如果把工作坚持下去,最终会取得成功的。
  3.resonate vt. 共鸣;共振 vi. 共鸣;共振
  The valley resonated with their laughter.
  山谷里回荡着他们的笑声。
  4.impairment n. 损伤,损害
  He has a visual impairment in the right eye.
  他右眼视力有损伤。
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 2015年12月英语六级听力暑期练习4