2016年6月大学英语四六级备考—“美文”欣赏(上)
文都四六级考试网小编今天给大家分享的是《小王子》(上篇),希望可以在大家紧张备战四六级考试的时候帮助大家练习一下词汇和语法,为2016年6月的四六级考试助力。当然,各位考生也可放松身心,缓解压力,劳逸结合,备考事半功倍!美文欣赏 The Little Prince
《小王子》The Little Prince01
还记得那个孤独的小王子和玫瑰花的故事吗?——小王子 The Little Prince01
Once when I was six years old I saw a magnificent picture in a book, called True Stories from Nature, about the primeval forest.
当我还只有六岁的时候,在一本描写原始森林,名叫《真实的故事》的书中,看到了一副精彩的插画。
It was a picture of a boa constrictor in the act of swallowing an animal. Here is a copy of the drawing.
画的是一条蟒蛇正在吞食一只大野兽,这就是那副画的摹本。
In the book it said: " Boa constrictors swallow their prey whole, without chewing it.
这本书中写道:"这些蟒蛇把它们的猎获物不加咀嚼地吞下。
After that they are not able to move, and they sleep through the six months that they need for digestion. "
一会儿后就不能再动弹了,它们就在长长的六个月的睡眠中消化这些食物。"
I pondered deeply, then, over the adventures of the jungle. And after some work with a coloured pencil I succeeded in making my first drawing.
当时,我对丛林中的奇遇想得很多,于是,我也用彩色铅笔画出了我的第一副图画。
My Drawing Number One. It looked like this:
我的第一号作品,它是这样的:
I showed my masterpiece to the grown-ups, and asked them whether the drawing frightened them.
我把这副杰作拿给大人看,我问他们我的画是不是让他们害怕。
But they answered: " Frighten? Why should any one be frightened by a hat? "
他们回答我说:"一顶帽子有什么可怕的?"
My drawing was not a picture of a hat. It was a picture of a boa constrictor digesting an elephant.
我画的不是帽子,是一条巨蟒在消化着一头大象。
But since the grown-ups were not able to understand it, I made another drawing:
但由于大人们无法理解它,我又画了另一幅。
I drew the inside of the boa constrictor, so that the grown-ups could see it clearly.
我把巨蟒肚子里的情况画了出来,以便让大人们能够看懂。
They always need to have things explained.
他们总是需要解释。
My Drawing Number Two looked like this:
我的第二号作品是这样的:
The grown-ups' response, this time, was to advise me to lay aside my drawings of boa constrictors, whether from the inside or the outside, and devote myself instead to geography, history, arithmetic and grammar.
大人们劝我把这些画着开着肚皮的,或闭上肚皮的蟒蛇的图画放在一边,还是把兴趣放在地理、历史、算术、语法上。
That is why, at the age of six, I gave up what might have been a magnificent career as a painter.
就这样,在六岁的那年,我就放弃了当画家这一美好的职业。
I had been disheartened by the failure of my Drawing Number One and my Drawing Number Two.
我的第一号、第二号作品的不成功,使我泄了气。
页:
[1]