英语自学网 发表于 2016-7-14 23:54:34

我赢得光明正大

  1. No shoptalk.
          不谈公事。
          2. That was a blatant lie.
          那是公然撒谎。
          3. I won it fair and square.
          我赢得光明正大。
          ►fair and square 公正,正大光明地,诚实地,正面地,完全地
          e.g. He won the race fair and square without any cheating. 他赢得正大光明,没有任何欺骗行为。
          e.g. I made every penny fair and square. 我的每一分钱都是老老实实地赚来的。
          4. How can you have the impudence to say that?
          你竟然有脸说这个?
          5. He said that in a roundabout way.
          他拐弯抹角地说的。
          6. Full of political humbug.
          充满政治谎言。
          7. You should cut your coat according to your cloth.
          你得量入为出。
          ►cut one's coat according to one's cloth 量体裁衣,量入为出
          e.g. Now money is tight, and you should cut your coat according to your cloth. 现在钱很紧,你们应该量入为出。
          8. One swallow doesn’t make a summer.
          一燕不成夏。
          9. Gargle with this mouthwash.
          用漱口水漱一下口。
          10. Otherwise I would’t be able to do justice to your kindness.
          否则对不起你一片苦心哪。
          ►do justice to 公平对待,适当处理;不辜负;使…的价值充分发挥
        (兼职编辑:杨帆)
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 我赢得光明正大