英语自学网 发表于 2016-7-13 22:48:06

英语流行口语:19.Correction纠正

19 Correction No,it's all wrong.
       
        不,全错了.
       
        A:Thank you,doctor.I'll follow your adivce to the letter.
       
        A:谢谢,大夫.我将严格按您的建议去做.
       
        As for the mecicine,two tablets each time,two times a day,right?
       
        这种药,一天两次,一次两片,对吧?
       
        B:No,it's all wrong.Three times a day,one tablet each time.
       
        B:不,全错了,一天三次,一次一片.
       
        A:Thanks for correction.Goodbye!B:Bye!
       
        A:谢谢您及时更正,再见.B:再见!
       
        You're all wet,actually.
       
        哦,你搞错了.
       
        A:I made a reservation two days ago.My name is David.
       
        A:我前天在这儿预订了房间,我叫戴维.
       
        B:Reservation?What do you mean?
       
        B:预订?这是什么意思?
       
        A:I booked a single room here for tonight.
       
        A:我订了一间今晚的单人房.
       
        B:Oh!You're all wet,actually.
       
        B:哦,你搞错了.
       
        This is not a hotel.The hotel is the building across the road.
       
        这不是旅馆,旅馆是路对过的那座楼.
       
        That isn't exactally right.
       
        不全是.
       
        A:Do you mean this drug will cheer up my troubles,Dr Brown?
       
        A:布朗医生,你是说这种药会消除我的病痛吗?
       
        B:Mm,that isn't exactly right.
       
        B:不全是.
       
        A:What do mean by saying that?
       
        A:那你是那样说是什么意思?
       
        B:I mean this medicine will relieve your pain.
       
        B:我是说这种药能缓解你的疼痛.
       
        That isn't so.
       
        不是这样的.
       
        A:Why didn't Henry tum up at the meeting.
       
        A:为什么Henry没有出席会议呢?
       
        B:He must have got tied up at the office.
       
        B:他一定是被办公室的事给缠住了.
       
        A:No,that isn't so.I met him in the lift just now.
       
        A:不是这样的.我刚才还在电梯里见到他了呢.
       
        That isn't quite correct.
       
        不十分正确.
       
        A:Do you know Tom?
       
        A:你认识汤姆吗?
       
        B:Yes,he's a man of medium-height.He wears glasses and has a moustache.
       
        B:认识.他中等身材,戴着眼镜,留着胡子.
       
        A:But that isn't quite correct.I think he's a tall man.
       
        A:但不十分正确,我认为他是个高个子.
       
        As a matter of fact he didn't pass the exam.
       
        但事实上,他这次却没能及格.
       
        A:What's the result of exam?I'm sure John has got the highest mark,
       
        A:考试结果怎么样?我相信约翰一定得最高分,
       
        because he's been studying hand this term.
       
        因为他这学期一直学习很刻苦.
       
        B:But as a matter of fact he didn't pass the exam this time
       
        但事实上,他这次却没能及格.
       
        A:Really?It's really out of my expectation.
       
        A:真的吗?这可太出乎意料了.
       
        B:I think so,too.
       
        B:我也是这样想.
       
        As far as I know,
       
        据我所知,
       
        A:Bob,you should learn from your brother.He's found a part job already
       
        A:鲍伯,你该向你哥哥学一学,你已经找了一份兼职工作.
       
        B:But,Mum.As far as I know he doesn't work for supporting himself.Actually,
       
        B:但是,妈妈,据我所知,他工作并不是为了自立.实际上,
       
        he lost a large sum of money in gambling.He's working to pay off his debts
       
        他在赌场输了好多钱,这次工作只是为了还债而已.
       
        A:Why not tell me earlier?
       
        A:你怎么不早告诉无呢?
       
        B:Because he said he would give me a good beating if I told you.
       
        B:因为他说如果我告诉你他就要揍我一顿.
       
        No,you're not correct in saying this.
       
        不,你这么说就不对了.
       
        A:I'm sorry to have interrupted you,What did you say just now?
       
        A:对不起,打扰了,你刚才说了?
       
        B:I said that no one has the right to impose his views on others.
       
        B:我说任何人都无权把自己的意见强加于人.
       
        A:No,you're not quite correct in saying this.Sometimes you have to
       
        A:不,你这么说不对了.有时你只能那么做
       
        I'm not sure you're correct about that
       
        我不能肯定关于......你是对的.
       
        A:Jmmy!Have you heard that Tom had been fired?He really deserved that
       
        A:吉米,你听没听说汤姆已经被解雇了?真是活该!
       
        B:But I'm not sure you're correct about that.
       
        B:但我不能肯定你说的是对的,
       
        I heard he's been transfered to another company as a marketing manager.
       
        我听说他被转到别的公司做销售经理.
       
        A:Is it true?Unfair!
       
        A:真的?太不公平了!
       
        I'm afraid...... is not quite right.
       
        恐怕......不太正确.
       
        A:I'm told your boss is very hot-tempered.
       
        A:听人说你们的老板脾气很暴躁.
       
        B:I'm afraid what you were told about him is not quite right.
       
        A:听人说你们的老板脾气很暴躁.B:恐怕这个传闻不太正确.
       
        If you could meet him in person,you'll know he's very agreeable and capable
       
        .要是你能亲自见见我们老板.你就会知道这个人不仅平易近人,而且很有能力
       
        A:Really?I hope to meet him soon.
       
        A:是吗?我希望能早点见他一面.
       
        Well,the fact is......
       
        喔,事实上是...
       
        A:Why are you so depressed?
       
        A:为什么垂头丧气的样子?
       
        B:Because I cannot find my camera.Maybe I've lost it.
       
        B:我找一到照相机了,也许我把它弄丢了.
       
        A:Well,the fact is that you didn't lose it at all.
       
        A:事实上你并没有把它弄丢
       
        You put it in my bag last night.Remember?B:Oh,yes!
       
        你昨晚把它放在我的书包里了,想起来吗?B:哦,没错!
       
        I think you might be mistaken
       
        我想你大概搞错了
       
        A:Look!How expensive the shoes are!
       
        A:呀,这鞋可真够贵的!
       
        B:I think you might be mistaken.A:Why?
       
        B:我想你大概搞错了.A:怎么?
       
        B:Because the price tag is for the shoes above.
       
        B:因为这个价签是上面那双鞋的
       
        But I am under the impression that...
       
        我对......的印象是:
       
        A:He must have quarreled with his wife very often.
       
        A:我猜想他一定经常和他的妻子吵架.
       
        B:Why?How can you draw such a conclusion?
       
        B:为什么?你怎么能下这样的断言呢?
       
        A:Because he's very easilly agitated in our company.
       
        A:因为他在我们公司里常爱发脾气.
       
        B:He's a neighbor of mine.
       
        B:他是我的邻居,
       
        I'm under impression that he and his wife live a very happy life
       
        我对他们夫妇的印象是:他们的生活很和睦.
       
        If I may say so,it is actually not the case.
       
        实际上并非如此.
       
        A:What shall I do?I think I've got enteritis,so painful!
       
        A:怎么办呀?我想我是得肠炎了,太疼了!
       
        B:If I may say so,it's actually not the case.
       
        B:实际上并非如此,
       
        It's nothing but a slight infection.
       
        这只不过是轻微的感染.
       
        A:Yes?Thank you for telling me this.
       
        A:真的?谢谢你告诉我这事.
       
        B:Don't worry.I'll have to give you a shot.
       
        B:别担心,无得给打一针.
       
        I'm sorry,but I really should point out......is not correct.
       
        但我的确应该指出......是不正确的.
       
        A:Have you got any Chinese antiques?
       
        A:你们有中国的古董吗?
       
        B:Yes,How about this one?
       
        B:有,这件怎么样?
       
        A:It doesn't strike my fancy.What's more,it doesn't seems to be genuine
       
        A:不太中意,而且这件看起来好像不是真货.
       
        B:Oh,I'm sorry,but I really should point out your estimation is not correct
       
        B:哦,对不起,但我的确应该指出你的估计是不正确的,
       
        Our wares are always dependable.
       
        我们的货一向是很可靠的
       
        If I may correct you...
       
        如果可以纠正的话,......
       
        A:Look!There are a lot of birds here.
       
        A:看!这儿有这么多鸟.
       
        They chirp merrily as if they were playing a bird's chirping a symphony
       
        他们在欢快地叫着,好像在演奏鸟鸣交响曲.
       
        B:What's this and what's that.
       
        B:这是什么鸟?那是什么鸟?
       
        A:This is a magpie and that's a nightingale.
       
        A:这是只喜鹊,那是一只夜莺.
       
        B:Sorry for interrupting.If I may correct you,
       
        B:对不起,打断一下,如果可以纠正您的话,
       
        that is not nightingale,but a golden orioles catually.
       
        我说那不夜莺,而是一只芙蓉鸟.
       
        Well,to my knowledge,
       
        就我所知,......
       
        A:Tom,what's your idea about theh lecture?
       
        A:汤姆,谈谈你对这个报告的看法.
       
        B:My view of the matter is that you are not convicing in ......
       
        B:我认为你的报告在......方面并不令人信服.
       
        A:Tom,to my knowledge,you slept rather well when the lecture was on.
       
        A:汤姆,你凭什么这样说?就我所知,在报告期间,你一直在睡大觉
       
        B:Oh,sorry,Mr Green.I didn't think you had noticed that
       
        B:噢,格林老师,对不起,我原以为你没发现的.
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 英语流行口语:19.Correction纠正