英语自学网 发表于 2016-7-13 22:43:15

职场社交英语 Lesson 70:你别欲擒故纵了

  
          职场社交英语 Lesson 70:你别欲擒故纵了
          SCENE④ A 电话响起 戴夫与吉娜继续说话
          【你别欲擒故纵了】
          Zina: No, Dave. I haven't wrecked my jeep. I'm calling to 1) offer you a job.
          吉娜: 不,戴夫。我的吉普没有撞毁。我打来是要提供你工作机会的。
          Dave: With InfoKing? No, thanks.
          戴夫: 去“资讯王”?免了吧,多谢。
          Zina: I'd like you to manage a new online auction site we're building.
          吉娜: 我希望你能管理我们新架设中的线上竞标网站。
          Dave: I'm not interested, Zina.
          戴夫: 我没兴趣,吉娜。
          Zina: Don't play hard to get. The 2) pay is good. You'd be working with Elvin again.
          吉娜: 你别欲擒故纵了。薪水很高的。你会跟艾文再度共事。
          Dave: I don't think so.
          戴夫: 我想不妥吧。
          Zina: Elvin doesn't 3) hold a grudge, if that's what you're worried about.
          吉娜: 艾文并没有怀恨在心,若你是在担心这个的话。
          语言详解:
          A: Life is too short to hold grudges. C'mon, talk to me again.
          人生苦短,何须心怀怨恨。来嘛,再跟我说话。
          B: Well, if you put it that way...
          OK. 既然你这样说……那好吧。
          【play hard to get 欲擒故纵】
          在人际的关系当中,好比男女关系或是聘雇之间的关系,有时候一方会采取不置可否的态度,让人觉得对方若即若离的,在要与不要之间,真叫人拿捏不定。也许你会觉得对方其实是想要,只是爱欲擒故纵、搞神秘,这种情况在美语中就可以用 play hard to get “欲擒故纵”来形容。
          A: I don't think Lisa likes me.
          我不觉得莉莎喜欢我。
          B: Yes, she does. She's just playing hard to get.
          不,她喜欢你。她只是欲擒故纵。
          1) offer (v.) 提供(工作机会等)
          2) pay (n.) 薪水,酬劳
          3) hold a grudge 心怀怨恨,挟怨
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 职场社交英语 Lesson 70:你别欲擒故纵了