英语自学网 发表于 2016-7-13 22:43:11

职场社交英语 Lesson 59:你早就知道是我?

  
          职场社交英语 Lesson 59:你早就知道是我?
          SCENE④ A 吉娜下楼走到停车场。戴夫在那里
          【你早就知道是我?】
          Zina: Hi, Dave. You're early.
          吉娜: 嗨,戴夫。你早到了。
          Dave: So you knew it was me?
          戴夫: 你早就知道是我?
          Zina: 1) I had an idea.
          吉娜: 我有在怀疑。
          Dave: Look, before we 2) get into the secret admirer thing, I want to talk to you about WebTracker.
          戴夫: 在我们讨论暗恋者这件事之前,我要跟你先谈谈“网路搜寻家”。
          Zina: I'm sorry. I know you feel 3) betrayed.
          吉娜: 对不起。我知道你有受到背叛的感觉。
          Dave: So you're really planning to 4) quit InfoKing and 5) switch over to WebTracker?
          戴夫: 那你是真的打算辞掉“资讯王”的工作,转投“网路搜寻家”?
          Zina: My mind is made up.
          吉娜: 我心意已决。
          语言详解:
          A: Do you betray your friends?
          你会背叛你的朋友吗?
          B: Only if they have good-looking boyfriends.
          除非她们有帅帅的男友。
          【My mind is made up.我心意已决。】
          表达“已下定决心”的最佳惯用语句,莫过于My mind is made up. 如果必须说明是什么样的决心,通常会用主动词态,例如:
          I make up my mind to study management in college.
          我下决心在大学里攻读管理学。
          Robert made up his mind that he would stay single for another 10 years.
          罗伯下定决心要在今后十年里保持单身。
          A: What do you want to do after college?
          大学毕业后你想做什么?
          B: I make up my mind to be a teacher.
          我决心要做个老师。
          A: Are you sure that is what you want to do for life?
          你确是那是你要终身从事的工作吗?
          B: Yes. My mind is made up.
          是的,我心意已决。
          1) I had an idea 此指“我有怀疑过。”这句话用于回答对方提问,表示自己曾经这样想过。
          2) get into... 陷入(话题)
          3) betray (v.) 背叛。betrayed是betray 的过去分词作形容词用,意为“遭到背叛的”
          4) quit (v.) 放弃
          5) switch (v.) 转换,调动
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 职场社交英语 Lesson 59:你早就知道是我?