英语自学网 发表于 2016-7-13 22:43:11

职场社交英语 Lesson 34:这在我的控制之下

  
          职场社交英语 Lesson 34:这在我的控制之下
          SCENE③ A 吉娜到了自己的隔间
          【这在我的控制之下】
          Dave: Hi, Zina. Lots of people are looking for you.
          戴夫: 嗨,吉娜。很多人在找你。
          Zina: Like who?
          吉娜: 好比是谁?
          Dave: Like Elvin. He isn't too happy about what you promised Stars.com.
          戴夫: 好比艾文。他对于你给Stars.com的承诺不太满意。
          Zina: I've got it under control.
          吉娜: 这在我的控制之下。
          Dave: You do 1) realize that it isn't 2) humanly possible for us to finish by next week?
          戴夫: 你知道要我们在下星期前就绪,这非人所能及吧?
          Zina: What if you had three more 3) top-notch programmers to help you?
          吉娜: 要是多了三名顶尖的程序设计师帮你们呢?
          Dave: That would definitely make a difference. But Vince already said "no".
          戴夫: 那当然就大大的不同了。不过文斯已经说“不”了。
          语言详解
          A: Do you realize how beautiful you are?
          你知道你自己有多美吗?
          B: Stop. You're embarrassing me.
          别说了。你让我好尴尬。
          【I've got it under control. 这在我的控制之下。】
          有时候,当情况看似已失去控制,若你仍有信心能够控制全局,就可以呛出这句话 I've got it under control.“这在我的控制之下。”
          A:The ship is sinking! What are you going to do about it?
          这艘船要沉了!你打算怎么做?
          B:Relax, I've got it under control. We won't sink.
          放轻松,这在我的控制之下。船不会沉的。
          【make a difference 造成差别】
          make a difference是指会对现有的情况造成差别,跟以往不同。
          A: I know you need some financial help. If I give you a raise, will it help?
          我知道你需要一些经济支援。若我给你加薪会有帮助吗?
          B: Well, it will certainly make a difference.
          呃,这将会大有帮助。
          1) realize (v.) 认识到,体会
          2) humanly (adv.) 符合人性地
          3) top-notch (a.) 顶尖的,一流的
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 职场社交英语 Lesson 34:这在我的控制之下