英语自学网 发表于 2016-7-13 22:43:10

职场社交英语 Lesson 44:他自视甚高

  
          职场社交英语 Lesson 44:他自视甚高
          SCENE② B 吉娜与戴夫在各自的隔间里工作
          【他自视甚高】
          Zina: Do you think what I did to Elvin was 1) out of line?
          吉娜: 你觉得我对艾文太过火了吗?
          Dave: You could have tried to explain to him about the new programmers.
          戴夫: 你本可以试着跟他解释,会有新的程序设计师进来。
          Zina: Elvin doesn't want any programming help. He wants all the 2) glory for himself.
          吉娜: 艾文才不想要有人来帮忙写程序。他想功劳一手抓。
          Dave: You might be right. He does 3) think pretty highly of himself.
          戴夫: 你或许没说错。他自视甚高。
          Zina: Did you hear the names he was calling me?
          吉娜: 你听到他怎么骂我吗?
          Dave: I heard. But did you have to tear out his nose ring?
          戴夫: 我听到了。但你有必要扯掉他的鼻环吗?
          语言详解:
          A: Can you explain your relationship to John?
          你能解释你跟约翰的关系吗?
          B: No. It's too complicated.
          不能。 这太复杂了。
          【could have tried 本可以试着】
          “could+现在完成式”的句型用于说明先前的某一动作有改进的余地,有时表示含蓄的不满或指责。例如:
          You could have finished it earlier.
          你本该早一点把这事做完。
          She could have done better.
          她做得不够好。
          A: I could have arrived much earlier. But I was caught in the traffic.
          我原可以早早就到了。但是我受阻于路上交通拥塞。
          B: That I can understand. But you could have called us and let us know.
          这一点我可以了解。但是你本可以打个电话通知我们。
          1) be out of line 过分的
          2) glory (n.) 荣耀
          3) think highly of... 对……评价很高。若后接反身代名词,则是指“自视甚高”。
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 职场社交英语 Lesson 44:他自视甚高