英语自学网 发表于 2016-7-13 22:43:08

职场社交英语 Lesson 41:你不打算想想办法吗?

  
          职场社交英语 Lesson 41:你不打算想想办法吗?
          SCENE① B 艾文跌跌撞撞进了文斯的隔间
          【你不打算想想办法吗?】
          Elvin: Aren't you going to do anything? You've got to 1) get rid of her!
          艾文: 你不打算想想办法吗?你得把她给除掉!
          Vince: I'm afraid that isn't possible.
          文斯: 这恐怕不可能。
          Elvin: What are you talking about? Fire her! Tell her to hit the road!
          艾文: 你在说什么?开除她!叫她走路!
          Vince: I can't do that. Zina has 2) convinced our 3) investors that she knows what's best for InfoKing.
          文斯: 我办不到。吉娜已经说服了我们的投资人说,她知道什么对“资讯王”最好。
          Elvin: What? You mean to tell me that wacko is 4) in charge now? How?
          艾文: 什么?你要告诉我现在是那个怪胎管事?怎么会?
          语言详解:
          A: Judd doesn't want to go swimming with us.
          贾德不想跟我们去游泳。
          B: I'll try to convince him.
          我来试着说服他。
          【hit the road 上路】
          hit the road听起来简洁有力,意思就是“上路”,不论是离开一地,去下一个地方,或是出门旅行,你都可以用上hit the road这个表达法。
          A: It's getting late; we need to get home and check on the children.
          天色晚了;我们得要回家去看看孩子。
          B: OK, let's hit the road.
          好,我们上路吧。
          A: Johnny just likes to drive his mom's car and hit the road around seven a.m.
          强尼就是喜欢开着他母亲的车,在上午七点钟左右出门。
          B: What's the big deal?
          那有什么大不了?
          A: Johnny is only six years old.
          强尼只有六岁。
          1) get rid of... 摆脱……
          2) convince (v.) 说服,使相信
          3) investor (n.) 投资者
          4) be in charge 管事,作主
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 职场社交英语 Lesson 41:你不打算想想办法吗?