英语自学网 发表于 2016-7-13 22:43:03

职场社交英语 Lesson 9:你今天早来了

  
          职场社交英语 Lesson 9:你今天早来了
          SCENE④ A 文斯顺道来吉娜的隔间看他
          【你今天早来了】
          Vince: Hey, Zina. You're here early today.
          文斯: 嗨,吉娜,你今天早来了。
          Zina: Yeah, I'm going to be making phone calls all day. What a 1) blast.
          吉娜: 对啊,我今天要打一整天的电话。真够好玩的。
          Vince: I just wanted to say thanks for putting us on the map so fast. I 2) appreciate it.
          文斯: 我只是想谢谢你那么快就让我们站上柜面了。我很感激。
          Zina: Save it, Vince. After I put my first million in the bank, I'll say you're welcome.
          吉娜: 省省吧,文斯。等我在银行存了第一个一百万,我会跟你说不客气的。
          Vince: Fair enough. 3) Keep up the good work.
          文斯: 很公平。再接再励。
          语言详解
          A: Here are those tools you wanted to borrow.
          这些是你想要借的工具。
          B: Thanks a million. I really appreciate it.
          千恩万谢。我真的很感激。
          【Save it. 你省省吧。】
          save是“存,省下”的意思,而Save it.在对话中用做短句,意思是“省省吧。”,告诉对方多说无益。而save it for的句型也很常用,意思是“替……预留”,请看以下的实际例子:
          A:I wasn't drinking, officer; I just didn't see the red light.
          警官,我没有喝酒;我只是没看到红灯。
          B:Save it for the judge.
          这些话你留着去跟法官说吧。
          A:I love this movie! I want to watch it, too.
          我好爱这部电影!我也要去看。
          B:OK. I'll save it for tonight when you get home from work.
          好。我就把这部电影留到今晚,等你下班回家一起看。
          1) blast (n.) 尽兴,玩得愉快
          2) appreciate (v.) 感激
          3) Keep up the good work. 再接再励
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 职场社交英语 Lesson 9:你今天早来了